Saturday, May 10, 2008

Back in the saddle for the first full test of the Glut. I'm pretty sure (not sure how to put this) but I think I lack the padding in the seat and if the shorts are too thin I think what is happening is I am bruising my glut area - mainly the bone are which is also make the tendons and muscles soar also. I came to this conclusion since toady I was in the saddle for 5 hours and 90+ miles and yes the glut was tender but not painful, but today I wore the thickest Q2T cycling short and that's a pretty big pad, any way it was a good (long and hot but good) ride. I averaged 18.24 and 128.2 heart rate for the whole bike and 20.4 and 140.3 HR for the Z2 ride.
The 6 mile run was done in 54 min with a ave heart rate of 144 (with the heat I had a real hard time keeping my heart rate down). the mile splits were 8:28, 8:24, 9:04, 9:10, 9:17 & 9:52 the last one I went slow enough to get the HR down to 140 :-) it was really hot. All and all a good training session.

No comments:

Blog Archive