Saturday, August 23, 2008

I am convinced My God is a sports God, just think we hadn't seen the sun for a about a week and we were not sure looking at this picture if this damn TS Fay was ever going to leave. I am sure there is no drought left in Florida. In fact I'm pretty sure every lake and river is up over their banks - so when I looked earlier in the week at my calendar and I had a 5K race this weekend, I wasn't sure if I would even be able to find the start line in my pontoon boat - but like I said the race must go on and when I woke up there wasn't a cloud in the sky, that Fay had got up and went to Alabama "GOODBYE FAY". So for the first 5K of the training season the deal was go out holding back a little and pick it up towards the end..... that didn't happen - actually just the opposite as is always for me the first race after starting up - but all in all not a bad time..
Mile 1 - 6:45
Mile 2 - 7:19
Mile 3 - 7:44
Total 22:44
So that gives a good baseline for the coach, remember the goal is November 30, 3:30 for the marathon or 8:00 pace. Let the training begin.

No comments:

Blog Archive