Sunday, October 26, 2008

What a week, Way to much work, traveling and presentations on the road. A quick trip to PA and somewhat of a light week in preparing for this Sundays race in Daytona (the inaugural start) - What a cool start, right in the hottest race track in the nation. The race was a half marathon, a testing race to see the progress., so up at 4:30 to make sure I had the best nutritional start, a couple of extra zz and then off to the track.
The race started in PIT row and followed the track around until just past turn 4 and out the stands the first mile was still in the dark and was hard to see the watch, so I could only assume I was going out a little to hard (first mile 7:09) the goal was run between 7:18 and 7:22, which meant I was going to try to stick the 7:20 for as long as I could, I new the bridge was coming and the last one tore my legs apart, it was a 75' suspension bridge and I think I could of walked up faster, so when I hit the top doing a 9 pace I decided to let gravity move me down and what ever pace that was going to happen (bottom 6:20) which helped me stick close the average pace.
making the turn and heading back, I surprisingly felt really good, the legs were not tired yet so I kept the pace right on target. At one point i thought the I was starting to fade fast and thought I was had pulled off a 8:00 pace so I decided to put the hammer down and let loose and push the last three miles, which basically meant NO FADE and as I roiled on to the track and looked at my watch and saw that I was going to come way under the goal time the pain was GONE. What a race and another PR. (Gatorade every station, and shot block every 2 miles - perfect) RACE REVIEW LINK

No comments:

Blog Archive