Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I guess some things are a blessing in disguise and I think this weekend was one of those. As this week came to a close it was unsure if they would hold the race this Sunday in Ormond Beach since they have got hit the hardest in rain. After waiting till late Saturday, it was called. I was still feeling a little run down so I was a little relieved. The Coach still wanted a Simulated run through so that's what I did, and boy was I shocked how run down I was.

The Sim called for a 90 min bike with the last 30 in Heart rate Zone 2 (Z2) and a transition run for 60 min where 1/2 of that would also be in Z2. As I took off on the bike, I noticed I was winded pretty fast and that at the least little wind slight roll on the road i would go right into Z2, so when it came to the last 30 min it was very easy to go right past 2 into Z3, so I had to really work to keep it out. The was no different, off the bike a quick change of the shoes and off to the run where before I could get out of the parking lot I was pushing z2 and actually hitting 3, what the hell? I was running that hard and it wasn't hot? it had to be the cold had moved into my chest and it was making it difficult to breath, so I figured split the difference... So so easy;

Mile 1 - 7:54 Avg HR 142 (top of 1)
Mile 2 - 8:56 Avg HR 148 (top of 2)
Mile 3 - 8:22 Avg HR 156 (top of 3)
Mile 4 - 8:30 Avg HR 152 (top of 2)
Mile 5 - 9:15 Avg HR 145 (mid of 2)
Mile 6 - 10:06 Avg HR 150 (top of 2)
Mile 7 - 9:56 Avg HR 152 (top of 2)

Clearly the effort was challenging and not my best, good thing no race......

No comments:

Blog Archive